2023 Band Competition
Rules & Application
Band Competition Rules & Registration
Pickin’ On Picknic 2023
Registration will open January 1st and close on JUNE 15th. You can find the application at the bottom of this page.
Please read all the rules before submitting your entry! The bands will be narrowed down to a maximum of five competing bands. Those five bands will perform around a single microphone on the River Stage on Saturday, July 9th. Winning band will perform on the Main Stage on Saturday at Pickin’ on Picknic 2022.
Make sure you read and familiarize yourselves with the rules.
2022 Contest Registration Details
- Judges will narrow down the qualified entries to a maximum of five bands to compete live at Pickin’ On Picknic.
- Final contestants will be notified via email by Saturday, June 18th.
- Any band that was booked at any past Pickin’ On Picknic festivals is ineligible to enter.
- Bands competing may not have musicians who are performing at Pickin’ On Picknic as members of competing band.
If you are selected to compete: Bands selected to compete at Pickin’ On Picknic will be required to pay a $100 entry fee to secure their spot in the contest. This fee must be paid within 7 days of notification or you will forfeit your place in the contest. All selected band members will be provided with full festival passes to Pickin’ on Picknic 2022. If selected for the competition, bands must be available and ready to perform at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 9th.
2023 Pickin’ On Picknic Band Competition Prizes
• 1st Place Prize: A slot on the Pickin’ On Picknic 2024 main stages
• 2nd Place: GA Tickets to Pickin’ On Picknic 2024 (1 per band member)
• 3rd Place: Saturday night dinner backstage
2023 Band Competition Schedule
- 11:00 am on Saturday at the River Stage: Band Meeting
- 12 p.m. on Saturday: Band Competition begins
- Bands are allotted no more than 15 minutes for competition performance. Going over will count against your score.
- Finalists will be selected by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and announced on the Pickin’ On Picknic Main Stage before our Headliner.
Criteria our Judges will be Judging On
- Planning/Preparedness – 20%
- Originality – 30%
- Interaction with audience – 10%
- Quality of performance – 20%
- Presentation – 20%