Band Competition Rules & Application
Please read all the rules before submitting your entry! The bands will be narrowed down to a maximum of five competing bands. Those five bands will perform around a single microphone on the River Stage on Saturday, July 13th. Bands will be competing for cash prizes, and the winning band will perform on the Main Stage on Saturday at Pickin’ on Picknic 2020.
Make sure you read and familiarize yourselves with the rules.
2019 Contest Registration Details
- Judges will narrow down the qualified entries to a maximum of five bands to compete live at Pickin’ On Picknic.
- Final contestants will be notified via email by Monday, April 1.
- Any band that was booked at the 2017 or 2018 festival is ineligible to enter.
- Bands competing may not have members who are performing at Pickin’ On Picknic as members of competing band.
If you are selected to compete: Bands selected to compete at Pickin’ On Picknic will be required to pay a $100 entry fee to secure their spot in the contest. This fee must be paid within 7 days of notification or you will forfeit your place in the contest. All selected band members will be provided with full festival passes to Pickin’ on Picknic 2019. If selected for the competition, bands must be available and ready to perform at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 13th. All competing band members will be individually responsible for the cost of park camping or other lodging.
2019 Pickin’ On Picknic Band Competition Prizes
1st Place Prize: $500, a main stage slot at the 2020 Pickin’ On Picknic Festival and reimbursement of primitive camping fees paid to park.
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $150
2019 Band Competition Schedule
- 11:00 am on Saturday July 13th at the River Stage: Band Meeting
- 12 p.m. on Saturday July 13th: Band Competition begins
- Bands are allotted no more than 15 minutes for competition performance. Going over will count against your score.
- Finalists will be selected by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 13th and announced on the Pickin’ On Picknic Main Stage before our Headliner.
Criteria our Judges will be Judging On
- Planning/Preparedness – 20%
- Originality – 30%
- Interaction with audience – 10%
- Quality of performance – 20%
- Presentation – 20%